"YPA has educated State Legislators on provider issues."
- Successfully lobbied Governor, Lt. Governor and legislators for Cost of Living Adjustment increases of over 5 percent within three years.
- Delivered presentations to legislators and administrators on the challenges providers face with insufficient rates and increased costs of providing services.
- Influenced positive legislative actions affecting youth and providers.
- Hosted state candidates at monthly meetings.
- Participated in interim committee deliberations.
- Provided valuable resources to legislators and administrators.
- Organized youth speakers and private providers to present success stories and examples of services at legislative committee hearings.
"YPA has improved communication and developed a partnership with the Department of Human Services and Juvenile Court."
- Organized meetings with individual department directors.
- Improved Private Provider relationship with case workers.
- Positively impacted operating costs and administrative requirements by implementing joint committees and successfully negotiating on:
- New rate study to replace the 1990 study currently in use.
- Implementing consistent rates throughout all departments.
- Cost of Living increases to apply across the board.
- Cost of Living increases tied to Western CPI.
- Reduction in auto liability insurance requirements.
- Shaping the nature of DCFS training requirements.
- Defining the concepts of ‘team meetings.'
- Adjustments to the DJJS RFP process.
- Improvements to state licensing requirements.
- Modification of DCFS auditing tools.
- Specific changes in contract and reporting requirements.